Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Painting With New Friends Isn't Work


Michele announced this morning that there were three new work projects today. The low income energy assistance program needed people to help paint their new offices, a field day with the Boys and Girls Club, and washing windows for a resident at Eagle Shield. So, instead of gardening like yesterday, I pursued my love of art and offered to paint interior walls.

I packed my lunch, made some tea, and rode with Michele to the new work site where I met Lollie and started first wiping down the walls with Clorox. While someone went to fetch some paint, I helped move office equipment out of the room we were going to paint to a different room.

After about an hour of work, I finished washing one wall (the largest one.) This was good time. I then had lunch. After lunch, I started another wall, and not too long after, Michele returned with Emily, who had finished her morning assignment and would help us in the process.

We did a great job on that room. About 45 minutes later, Michele returned with Lauren because I had a phone call. I found out that the person I was talking to was adopted into the Blackfeet Tribe, and I had no idea at all before that!

After painting, Lauren and I walked back to DLSBS for dinner and to get ready for the rodeo....which was great!
-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment