Friday, July 8, 2011

A Lasting Memory of Teamwork and Friendship


This has been my first experience volunteering with Global, and I hope it won’t be my last. Though some activities were less than exciting, such has staffing the outdoor picnic when it was 90 degrees, or getting caked with dust at the Indian Days, all the others more than made up for them, like touring the South Wind Lodge and listening to Marty’s story. The culmination of our week in Browning was watching the Indian Days opening ceremony yesterday, seeing all those people dancing in full regalia was an amazing sight, well worth the 30 mph wind. I don’t have much else to say, even though this journal has been a lot shorter than the rest. Overall, this has been an amazing week that I hope I will long remember.
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment